Polish Genealogical Society of America Members Log in/Log out
 
   
   
 

     
 
Header Left  Parish Entries Header Right
 
 

BACK TO THE LIST

Parishes on this page >>

K

Kleszczowo (Poznan) - All Saints Parish

The parish was mentioned first in 1404. The first church was erected about 1292. In 1638 the church was in ruins. At present, the name of the church is All Saints and was rebuild between 1760-1762 by father Lukasz Lubaszewski (pastor from Czerlejna) and Adam Skarbek-Malczewski who was the district foreman of Kleszczewo. The first church was constructed from wood and the roof was done from wooden shingles (gonty). The west vestibule was constructed like a pillar two stories high. On the south was a new vestibule. The church was restored in 1843 and again in 1861; new paintings exist from 1956. After 1956, the inside ceiling was covered with plaster. In the church there are three altars from 1760-1770. The pulpit was full of elaborate decorations (Rococo) that was done between 1760-1770. The church bells were from the XVI century. Between 1763-1777 the parish was temperarly annexed to Czerlejna.

Parish village communities: Kleszczowo, Kleszczowo Kolonia, Lipowice, Nagradowice

Source: Poznan Archdiocese Directory (1960?) 

Submitted/Translated by: Rose Szczech (May 1997)

Top of Page


Kolo (Poznan) - Holy Cross Parish

The parish, located near Konin, was already established in the XIII century. The oldest part of the church is the presbiterium. In the middle of the XIV/XV century a nave was added. In the beginning of the XVI century a chapel of Our Lady of Good Counsel was constructed. In the XIX century a chapel under the name Our Lady of Czestohowa and a porch were added along with a recreated wooden ceiling in the nave in the shape of cross. The Gothic church was build with rough stone and was not plastered. The cathedal apex is decorated with a pinnacle. It has no tower. Inside of the church there are 5 altars, 2 paintings: "Decending from the Cross˝ and "Stygmatism of St. Francis". There is a coffin plate of John from Grabow who was the son of Zawisza Czarny (the famous Polish Knight). The latest church was consecrated in 1895. In 1967-8, the outside of the church was repaired. A metal bell-tower with 3 bells and an electric heating system was added. The archives contain parish registers from 1871-1889, complete from 1946, appointment books from the years 1731-1938, and a cronical from 1952.

Parish village communities: Dzierawy, Kolonia Powiercie, Ochle.

The cemetery has an area of 3.5 hectors and is located 1.5 kilometers from the church

Neighboring parishes: Bialkow, Gregorzew, Osiek Wielki, Koscielec, Dobrow, Wrzaca Wielka.

Nearby there is a church and cloister of the Fathers of Bernard, under the name of the Visitation of Blessed Virgin Mary. It was build in 1456. It stands 100 meters from the Kolo church. The Upper Polish Diet had once gathered there. The original church was demolished by floods from the river Warta and was rebuilt in 1751. This church is of concrete (not plastered) with 2 towers that have metal caps. In the middle of the church, the ceiling is in the shape of a dome and on top of that is another dome. From the middle of XVIII century the inside is in Rococo style. In 1960 new paintings by B. Mikolajczak were added.

Source: Lublin Archdiocese Directory (1960?)

Submitted/Translated by: Rose Szczech (May 1997)

Top of Page


Koscielec - St. Andrew the Apostle Parish

District: Kolo
Railroad Depot: In Kolo - 7 Kilometers
Railroad Line: Kolo - Poznan - Kutno - Warszawa
Autobus Line: Koscielec - Kolo - Konin - Turek
Road Construction: Cement and asphalt

Neighboring parishes:

Kolo - 5 Kilometers
Krzymow - 10 Kilometers
Dobrow - 10 Kilometers
Russocice - 12 Kilometers
Bialkowo - 0.5 Kilometrs

Villages within the jurisdiction of the Koscielec Parish

Dabrowice - 6 Kilometers
Gasiorowo - 3 Kilometers
Gozdowo - 5 Kilometers
Koscielec
Mariampol - 2 Kilometers
Straszkow - 2 Kilometers
Tresniewo - 6 Kilometers

Parish was organized in the 12th Century. The parish church is named Saint Andrew The Apostle

Construction of the Church:

Native Stone - Wood - Brick.
Entrance of Native Stone.
Nave - (main section) is Wooden from the 18th century. Part in the Romanesque Style.

The church was rebuilt in 1600’s and again in the 1760's, a nave constructed of oak, a high vaulted ceiling and a porch were added to the church. The sacristy and religious artifacts storage area is built of brick with high ceilings and the date on the brick is 1601. In the side sections are located two romanesque windows. The main altar is constructed in the rococo style relating to the artistic styles of the 18th century characterized by fanciful curved special forms and elaborate ornamentation.

The side altars are in the baroque style, having the characteristics of a style prevalent in the 17th century marked generally by extravagant gorms and elaborate and sometimes grotesque ornamentation. Specifically, also in architecture by dynamic opposition and use of curved and plaster figures. One of the altars has a painting of the Holy Family from the 18th century.

The baptismal font dates back to 1771.

A figure statue of Saint John Nepomucen from the 18th Century is made of sandstone and placed on a highly decorated pedestal.

The church was repainted in 1955. A concrete base were placed under the wooden sections.

A loud speaker system has also been installed.

The parsonage is of brick construction. According to previous writings, the parsonage was destroyed by fire on 20 March 1796 with all the parish registers. The organ and choir loft plus all other buildings are built of brick.

The parish cemetery is approximately 3 hectres or equivalent to 65 Acres and is located 2 kilometers from the church. The present church archives contain baptismal records from 1878, marriage records from 1895 and death records from 1889, but they are noted as incomplete. The Public Chapel on the cemetery grounds is of brick.

Source: Wloclawek Archdiocese Directory (1960?)

Submitted by: Leonard Cieslak (deceased), New Port Richy, FL (Apr 1997)

Top of Page


Koscielec (Poznan) - Saint Andrew the Apostle Parish

The parish is located near Kolo and Konin. The Presbytery was built with narrow stone in the XII century. A wooden structure was built in the XVIII century. The church was expanded in 1600 and 1760. A planked vestibule was added. Also, the ceiling in the dome and vestry was plastered. In the dome there are two windows (Romans). In the vestry are bricks dated from 1601. The church has three altars, one Rocco, two others Baroque. In one of them is a painting of the Holy Family from the XVIII century. The baptismal font is from 1771. There is a statue of St. John Nepucina made of sandstone from the middle of the XVIII century which stands on an elaborate pillar. A concrete foundation was placed under the wooden church in 1967.

The cemetery has an area of 3 hectors and is located two kilometers from the church.

Parish village communities: Dabrowice, Gasiorow, Gozdow, Mariampol, Straszkow, Trzesniew.

Neighboring parishes: Kolo, Krzymow, Dobrow, Russocice, Bialkow.

Source: Lublin Archdiocese Directory (1960?)

Submitted/Translated by: Rose Szczech (May 1997)

Top of Page


Kostrzyn (Poznan) - St. Peter & Paul the Apostles Parish

The parish was established from the king’s funds in XI-XXII century. The gift belonged to abbess Klarysek (order of St. Clare) of Gniezno. Klaryski later built a three aisled brick church in XVI under the name St. Peter & Paul the Apostles. The church was ravaged by Swedes in 1712. From her own funds the abbess Zofia Kraszkowska renovated the church. In 1839 the deterioting tower had to be torn down. The church has seven altars, with paintings from the XVII and XVIII century. The oldest (baptismal) font is from XVI and has 8 sides in the style of a Chalice. The church has a tabernacle (Reservaculum) in form of a drawer on side of the wall near the main altar. On the opposite side is a beautiful late Gothic Madonna. The chancel has beautiful old paintings more than 300 years old that were uncovered between 1965-1966. The church has electrical heating. On the cemetery there is a Chapel - Mortuary constructed in 1932.One of the vicars was Father Samuel Maciejowski, later bishop of Krakow.

Parish village communities: Andrzejewo, Antoniewo, Gwiazdowo, Izdebno, Jagodno, Janopol, Kostrzyn, Libartowo, Puszczykowo, Skalowo, Sokolniki Gwiazdowskie, Sokoluiki Klonowskie, Tarnowo, Wroblewo.

Source: Poznan Archdiocese Directory (1960?)

Submitted/Translated by: Rose Szczech (May 1997)

Top of Page


Kumow (Lublin) - Annunciation of the Blessed Virgin Mary Parish

The parish, near Chelm, was established November 29, 1434. The present church was built between 1820 - 1824. It was consecratred on October 8, 1826 by Bishop J. M. Dziecielski. In 1907 the church was reconstructed in Baroque style. The Kumon cemetery has a burial chapel.

Parish village communities: Alojzow, Debina, Haliczany, Kasilan, Koczow, Kumow Majoracki, Kumow Plebanski, Lesniowice, Leszczany, Majdan Lesniowski, Molodutyn, Pliskow, Pobolowice, Politylowka (Politowka), Rozdzalow, Sielec, Wolawce, Wolka Leszczanska, Zazdzary.

Source: Lublin Archdiocese Directory (1960?)

Submitted/Translated by: Rose Szczech (May 1997)

 
   
 
 

Home | Directory | About Us | Membership | PGSA Store | Contact Us | Site Map
© 1978-2014 Polish Genealogical Society of America, All rights reserved.
Website questions: webmaster@pgsa.org