The primary role of the Polish Genealogical Society of America is to assist people pursuing their family history.
We do not have the staff to do your genealogical research, but our volunteers are happy to try to guide your research.
Assistance is provided by PGSA volunteers for a fee to cover the costs of equipment, database systems technical support, supplies, etc.
|Research Requested||Members||Non Members||Request Form|
|Searched Under "Surname Databases" Tab on Home Page|
|Birth records from 3 Chicago churches||$6||$10||Order Form|
|Marriage records from 3 Chicago churches||$6||$10||Order Form|
|Obituaries from the Dziennik Chicagoski newspaper 1890-1971||$5||$8||Order Form|
|PRCUA Insurance death records||$10||$15||Order Form|
|Poles of Chicago 1837-1937||$5||$8||Order Form|
|We the Milwaukee Poles 1846-1946||$5||$8||Order Form|
|Haller's Army Enlistment Documents||*||*||*|
|Polish Church Jubilee Books||*||*||*|
|Surname distribution in Poland, meaning, etc.||$5||$8||Order Form|
|Village location & information||$8||$12||Order Form|
Requests for research services:
– Cannot be accepted by telephone or email.
– Require the proper order form printed either from the search engine or from the link in the table above.
– Must include a check made payable to the PGSA.
– Members pay a discounted fee.
– Non-members making numerous requests may consider becoming a member.
– Refunds are given only in the case of a PGSA error.
* Copies of Haller’s Army documents, and pages from Jubilee Books, are not provided by PGSA. The PGSA search engine provides only the location of the data and order form. Requests for these must be addressed to, and are processed by, the Archives of the Polish Museum of America, as described on the order form obtained from their database search page.
We do not have immigration or naturalization records.
Many of these records are in Polish. Translation guides may be found on this website in the Education tab in the header. Books with details on how to translate almost all record types are found at the PGSA Shop via the box on the home page. Most appropriate are the In Their Words series for Polish, Latin, German and Russian; and The Study of Obituaries as a Source for Polish Genealogical Research.