In Their Words: A Genealogist’s Translation Guide to Polish, German, Latin, and Russian Documents – Volume III: Latin – ELECTRONIC VERSION
Authors: Jonathan Shea and William F. Hoffman
This will be downloaded as a 25.1 MB pdf file.
This publication includes:
* over 100 Latin-language documents and extracts from American and European sources, analyzed and translated. They include extracts from birth, death, and marriage records of various formats; diplomas; parish histories; diocesan directories; armorials; and legal records.
* a section on Latin grammar, phonetics, and spelling;
* information on how to locate records in America and Europe;
* a chapter on gazetteers and how to use them, followed by a list of selected place names in Latin and their modern equivalents;
* a 128-page vocabulary, with particular emphasis on the terms likely to be found in records, including occupations, causes of death, terms used in titles, and so forth;
* a 22-page list of Latin given names with their equivalents in Czech, Dutch, English, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Lithuanian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Slovak, Spanish, and Ukrainian.
ISBN 978-0-9631579-8-0 Copyright 2013
5 in stock
— OR —
Enter the destination URL
Or link to existing content